Monday, April 27, 2020

Quarantine Journal - Day 42

6 Weeks.

6 weeks we've only hung out with family.
We go to the grocery store or occasionally, the bank drive-up or a curbside restaurant. 

For 6 weeks we've done church at home with homemade matzah and welch's grape juice. 

6 weeks of working from home, kids doing school from home, Todd just home.

That's where I see my ugliest self come out in this - frustration, impatience, self-centeredness, self-importance...feeling like Im the only one getting things done around here, while everyone else lives a life of leisure. 

They are lies.  No one is having fun.  We're all doing hard things. Life as a mom isn't reciprocal.  I can serve with joy, no matter what everyone else is doing. 


No comments:

 This quote was part of my Lectio365 Sabbath devotion this morning, and as I considered what this day should look like, I began considering ...