Monday, December 01, 2008

Dear Dave Ramsey,

You were right.

We bought a car that we could afford instead of the what we thought we needed. It has alot of miles. And a big dent on the door. But it's also the most amazing $2,500 vehicle a person could find (I like to think so, anyway). I had to change my thinking a little bit about cars and decide to be a proud member of the Junky Car Club.


(though it's not the least bit JUNKY)

And it's amazing.

The fact that it's paid for definitely makes it drive better, and I love telling people about what a miracle it was. I love it so much, I put our new sticker from the Sagers on the back!

Thanks for helping me see that being debt-free feels better than any $10,000 minivan could.

Sincerely,
Gretchen

7 comments:

Erin Sager said...

I love seeing that too cute!!!!!

Stephanie said...

I want a minivan when we get the kids and $2,500 is right in my price range. I will have to keep a eye out for a deal!

Debs said...

I love when Dave Ramsey is right!

Gretchen Magruder said...

Erin - thanks, we love it! I hope you sell lots more!!

Stephanie - we actually found it on Craig's List! You have to wade through alot of scams, but we found a great deal!

Brian E. Moore, MD, MEd said...

Congratulations!

elisa said...

Hey we are part of that club too! No car payments for over 5 years! And debt free (except for mortgages) for 6 months! We are going to pay for our adoption, on our own, and are working on our "new junk car fund" for the upgrade to mini van...lol!

Gretchen Magruder said...

well, we've got a long way to go before we get it all paid off, but it feels good to have some new habits to help stop the bleeding!!

 This quote was part of my Lectio365 Sabbath devotion this morning, and as I considered what this day should look like, I began considering ...