Sunday, October 23, 2022


 This quote was part of my Lectio365 Sabbath devotion this morning, and as I considered what this day should look like, I began considering what it would look like to allow silence to deepen into gratitude.  

Often for me, silence is endured.  Or accomplished.  Which sounds funny for something like silence.  

Receiving silence like a gift must look different.  Relaxed. Letting it wash over, rather than questioning what it should be or what I should hear or how long it should last.  

Letting silence deepen into gratitude might look like an all-day simmering of soup.  Letting the flavors simmer together to create something beautiful and rich and flavorful.   I think I need a new soup recipe.

No comments:

 This quote was part of my Lectio365 Sabbath devotion this morning, and as I considered what this day should look like, I began considering ...