Friday, June 17, 2005

church camp

Today Sarah Jane goes to church camp for the very first time. This is HUGE. It's called "First Chance Camp" and it's just Friday and Saturday. Overnight. I told you, it's HUGE.

I'm going to work as a counselor there, which makes it a little less nerve-racking for Sarah Jane, but there are still lots of questions and concerns:

"What if I can't carry my food tray and my drink at the same time?"

"Do I have to do my own hair?"

"What if I can't sleep with all of those kids in the room?"

Our first overnight....ahhhhh......

Sophia, on the other hand, who gets to come out just for this afternoon until Todd gets off work, says, "I'm going off the diving board without water wings and I'm gonna do 2 flips into the pool!!"

Anybody have tips for a successful church camp experience?

1 comment:

John said...

Bedtime is always the hardest at First Chance. When I dean, we have a "slumber party" to make bedtime more fun. I have the female counselors bring nail polish and hair ties etc. . . we usually play some madlib type game then once they're in bed we bring books, lots of books and read them to sleep. It usually helps make nighttime a little more fun.

 This quote was part of my Lectio365 Sabbath devotion this morning, and as I considered what this day should look like, I began considering ...