Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Acceleration....

Well, this is why your mother tried to teach you to not procrastinate. And, amazingly enough, I might actually be prepared to have our Ethiopia trip bumped up a week!!

We were informed this morning that all of our paperwork in Ethiopia will be ready to go for a January 29th Embassy appointment, instead of Feb. 5th!! Several families have arrangements that can't be changed, but we are trying to get things lined up to leave in about 10 days!!! The Ethiopia Guest House just happened to have a cancellation that week, and we're waiting to hear back from the travel agent on plane tickets.

So, we've got her room ready, we've been working ahead on things for the campus ministry this semester, we've been catching up with our long-neglected friends and crossing tasks off the lists....and if all goes well, we'll be home by Feb. 2nd with the newest Magruder!!

13 comments:

Stephanie said...

How exciting! I cannot wait to see pictures of you guys and her together!

Erin Sager said...

WOW, that is great news, I needed some excitement today, so happy for you....Get packin

Missy said...

Woohoo!!! Go get little Peanut!!

Annie said...

God is good! So glad to read this great news :)

Laura said...

So exciting! A good heads up to try to keep our plans flexible when it is our turn to travel! I hope everything goes smoothly and you get to hold her sooner!:)

Jill said...

OOOh, that is SO exciting!!!! I bet your girls are jumping up and down. Can you believe that in less than a month, you will be home and settled? WOW!!!!!!!

Bethany W. said...

You can do it - you have terrific motivation!

Jarretts said...

How awesome is that!! Hope you can finish getting it all lined out . .. WOO-HOO!!!

Kelli said...

Amazing...truly amazing! We love you guys!

Melinda said...

Congratulations Gretchen on passing court and impending travel. I am so happy you guys are on your way soon. Your new daughter is just adorable. I have friends that will be there that same time picking up there two kids ages 9 and 11. They live in IL as well. Hopefully we won't be too far behind you.

Dana said...

Wow! that is so heart-pounding!! I am nervous for you so you can stay calm. Everything will go smoothly, God has had it under control since the beginning!! Rest up NOW!!
We have been praying for you and Peanut and the girls....change is a comin!! Hold on tight!!

Frances Williams said...

I forgot to tell you I love the new pics!!! Will you be taking the 29th? I totally know what happens is for the best, I was so hoping to meet you. Oh well, that's life right?? So happy for you guys!! Love the shirt you made her!

Eric and Allyson said...

I'm so excited for you all. Love Mastewal in her new t-shirt below. We'll be praying for you all as you take this journey of a lifetime. We can't wait to see you all in photos together so soon!!

 This quote was part of my Lectio365 Sabbath devotion this morning, and as I considered what this day should look like, I began considering ...