Friday, July 22, 2005

Back in the Saddle

Well, I think I've recovered from Jet Lag, the laundry's done, the Matrioshka Dolls I gave the girls are spread out all over the house, and life is getting back to normal.

Sophia turned 5 on Tuesday and tomorrow 4 of her friends will come over for a Princess Party. They'll come in dress-up clothes, I'm making a cake that looks like a castle (okay, it's supposed to look like a castle, but I'm not sure how it will actually turn out....they'll play a "Kiss the Frog" game and "Princess and the Pea" game...and I'm praying that the air conditioner holds on because it's supposed to be 96 degrees!!

I love my life.

I miss Russia and the Community and the lack of distractions (dishes, computer, phone calls, ministry plans)....i loved just getting up in the morning and doing what I was told to do......

But it's good to be home with my family....trying to somehow incorporate the last 3 weeks into the rest of my life.

Maybe I'll serve tea with the Castle Cake.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First off, TJ...very random comment.

But Gretchen--amazing Castle Cake! And I agree with the loving just getting up and doing what we're told to do!

And you know how I love my tea!!! :-D

See you soon!

Love
Erin

 This quote was part of my Lectio365 Sabbath devotion this morning, and as I considered what this day should look like, I began considering ...