Monday, July 25, 2005

Princess Party


What do you get when you combine 25 yards of pink tule, 5 5-year olds, a castle cake, and a Kiss the Frog game?

It's a Princess Party!

Sophia turned 5 this week, and I think we survived her first "kid-party"! Todd and I got kind of sentimental, thinking about her starting school next month with these girls and growing up....wondering if Lainey would be her best friend for years, or of they'd grow out of eachother in school and find new best friends...will she be a soccer star, or ham it up in theater and show choir....will we all laugh together as a family at her craziness, or will her parents make her roll her eyes with their lameness....?

I know some of you are wondering about the Castle Cake...in this picture it may appear that the cake is somewhat respectable, but don't be deceived by the camera angle...we had some serious "leaning tower of Pisa" action going on...but to a bunch of 5 year olds, it was impressive and my ego was sufficiently stroked!

A great time was had by all, and the pink tule is staying up for a few days...so if you are in need of a girly princess party pick-me-up, come on over!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mine too ):

Steph H. said...

This week, our Aidan had his 5th birthday as well. We had 5 or 6 5-yr.-old-boys in our backyard celebrating Hot Wheels style. No pink tulle in sight. I share your sentiment of, "Wow, Kindergarten . . .already?"

 This quote was part of my Lectio365 Sabbath devotion this morning, and as I considered what this day should look like, I began considering ...