Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Cycling.....

So, it's been about 23 years that I've been trying to live my life directed by God, and I still haven't gotten the hang of it. Oh, sometimes I'm right there....focused, humble, submitted.....and then I guess I get comfortable, or cocky...and I'm back to trying to do things my own way.

Even from Russia - to pre-semester start - to First Month of Classes - to now, I've been cycling...sometimes faithful, sometimes not. Sometimes seeking God's will, soemtimes plowing through with my own plans.

As I've been trying to figure out how to pray for those in Louisiana and Texas, this verse keeps coming to mind:
if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14


Why do we make it so hard? It seems like an easy equation (okay, I know you can't put God into an equation, but you know what I mean...):
Humble myself + Pray + Seek God's Face + Turn from sin = God will hear me and Heal our Land.


I'm so excited about what I see God doing right now.... Let's help eachother get this right and be consistant in following the Holy Spirit in everything we do, every decision we make. I'm so looking forward to spending some time with our students this weekend at Fall Retreat....hanging out together, talking...really talking...staying up late and getting to know everyone better...it's going to be glorious!!

No comments:

 This quote was part of my Lectio365 Sabbath devotion this morning, and as I considered what this day should look like, I began considering ...