Saturday, June 03, 2006

Moments of Clarity...

I've neglected to blog about an excellent day last week....Sunday after church I was surprised with a graduation party by my sweet husband and amazing friends!! Note, I told Todd 3 weeks ago "please don't throw me a party!"....for some reason, in addition to the relief and pride from finishing graduate school, there's also a little embarassment there due to the 13 years it took me to complete the degree. Regardless, my husband knew better and I was very surprised by the friends who showed up to eat and laugh and say kind things to me. Funny how I like to think I'm so independent, yet it felt so good to fill up on the love of my good friends.....

One bit of icing on the cake was that a generous friend gave us a 15-foot pool for the backyard!!! Although we intend to put up a fence, the rest of my family talked me in to setting the pool up before we get the fence part figured out. It is so great! But holy cow, is it a kid magnet! So now God is working hard on me about sharing my pool, my family, my privacy, my yard.....the fence will be an important thing for safety and privacy....but I have a feeling it's still going to require some figuring out to know where to establish boundaries, and where to pass on the generosity that's been shown to me over and over again in my life......

sigh.....I guess it's a good thing that there's still so much more for me to learn....

No comments:

 This quote was part of my Lectio365 Sabbath devotion this morning, and as I considered what this day should look like, I began considering ...