Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Catalyst Community

We had such a great time Sunday with our Catalyst Community - 25 or so students who are committed to being "agents of change" on their college campus! We spent some time thinking about Christ's example while he was on earth and the kinds of things He filled his schedule with.....feeding people, healing hurts, teaching by example and by intentional discipleship, and getting direction from the Father. Another thing I love about Jesus was that he wasn't a showboat....he didn't feel like he needed to publicize everything he did, and even went to far as to tell some people not to talk about what had happened. I wonder what lesson we need to take from Him as we think about our witness on campus.....did Jesus hold big "Christian" events? Maybe going to a wedding and doing something unexpected was more of the style we need to be imitating....

So as we look forward to the new school year, that's what we want to be about...but what does it look like on a college campus? That's the challenge. As we plan Jell-O Olympics (I'm not sure if I can picture Jesus catching Jell-O in his tunic?!) and help with campus Move-Ins and other essential parts of the semester, we want to follow Christ's example of getting direction from the Father, feeding people, being sensitive to people's hurts, and being intentional about bringing along others as we journey...

I love the people He's put around us this year and I can't wait to see what God does through them!!

No comments:

 This quote was part of my Lectio365 Sabbath devotion this morning, and as I considered what this day should look like, I began considering ...