Monday, September 25, 2006

Huzzah River Run!


We had a great Fall Retreat Canoe Trip this weekend on the Huzzah River in Missouri! Despite sending a van back to campus one hour into the trip (when it began to rain and we discovered the wiper motor was shot), rain, fog, and a few students who lost their way.....we all got there eventually!!


Shana and Mike led awesome devos for the weekend....there's just something about being out in the woods....I don't know what it is...maybe the lack of tv and cell phones? It just seems so much easier....everything....life, relationships, hearing God....so as hard as it is to actually make ourselves leave campus and the "real world", I'm convinced I need to do it more often!



Sarah Jane and Sophia went with us for their first time on a canoe trip, and I was so proud of them! Sarah Jane loved every minute of riding in the canoe, checking out geology and biology and singing High School Musical Songs....Sophia had a good time, but I think felt a little deprived of social interaction, and was ready to be done after about the first hour.

Sophia was a little nervous at first...worried every time the canoe would rock...until we really did capsize into a couple feet of rather cold water! After we all laughed and squeezed out our clothes, she realized that capsizing wasn't the end of the world, and the rest of the trip was lots more relaxed....hmmmm...maybe that's a life analogy? After a few dips in the river, I'm pretty certain with GOD I can handle whatever life brings my way!

1 comment:

Janus Torrell said...

Looks like a great trip!

 This quote was part of my Lectio365 Sabbath devotion this morning, and as I considered what this day should look like, I began considering ...