Monday, February 18, 2008

Compassion International

Compassion International took 15 Christian bloggers to Uganda to get a first-hand look at what Child Sponsorship looks like. Our family has sponsored a Ugandan girl named Gladys for several years, and reading their stories and seeing the videos has made my heart hurt to see her.

We're hoping we might be able to stop in Uganda when we go pick up Peanut....after all, how many times do you get to Africa?! Check out this 4 minute video...it starts slow, but gets better!

2 comments:

Bradjward said...

Very cool! I was actually just signing on to send money to Rehema, our girl from Tanzania. Thanks for sharing! It'd be awesome to go visit and see this all for ourselves.

M and H said...

What an awesome opportunity. Thank you for posting this - I needed to be reminded. - heather

 This quote was part of my Lectio365 Sabbath devotion this morning, and as I considered what this day should look like, I began considering ...