Sunday, August 24, 2008

Blog recommendations...

Okay, I know you're out there....sitemeter tells me so! You check this blog regularly...and probably 5-10 others, so I know you've got some favorites....but to prime the pump, I'll share some of the blogs I subscribe to (alot of them are already listed on the left sidebar...check them out!!).

Mom/Family life
Rocks in my dryer - This chick has the funniest real-life stories...and she loves Jesus, which is pretty sweet!
Crockpot 365 - She posts 1 new crockpotting recipe every day!
Mary from Owlhaven - 10 children from 3 countries, homeschools, gardens and cans....yet reading her blog doesn't make me feel like a loser...nice....
The Meals We Make - a new blog by moms who are trying to provide inexpensive, healthy meals for the family!

Ministry
Swerve - Craig Groeschel and Bobby Gruenewald share ministry/leadership wisdom
Jump for Joel - wanna see what a group of college students can do when they decide to do what God asks? Oh, and they're my friends, too
Church Marketing Sucks - challenging the Church to not be such dorks

Deals
**
I'm sharing these deals with the understanding that you WON'T beat me to CVS Pharmacy and buy out the entire shelf of sale toilet paper....I hate that....leave a little bargain TP for the rest of us!

The Centsible Sawyer - Deals at stores like CVS and Walgreens, as well as other money-saving tips
Money Saving Mom - speaks for itself....

Adoption
okay, I read a billion of these and many are in the sidebar, so there's not enough room to post them all....but one family is in Ethiopia right now, journaling the trip of a lifetime to get their little boy...
Soli deo gloria

1 comment:

Momma Hughes said...

Thanks for the shot out!!! I am going to be posting some recipes soon on The Meals we Make. It is great to see that there is someone out there who cares! ;) Cute blog by the way. I think we'd make great friends. :)

 This quote was part of my Lectio365 Sabbath devotion this morning, and as I considered what this day should look like, I began considering ...