Sunday, April 26, 2009

Yes, we're "those" neighbors...

We're those neighbors who have grand ideas of home improvements and landscaping projects and gardens.....but have absolutely no skills or equipment. So we're the ones who ask for "help" or to borrow something, but when our neighbor with the tiller realizes we have no idea how to use the tiller, he ends up tilling our garden for us, with Todd and I supervising.

I started thinking about our house and how many projects like that we've attempted....Ron Bortmess rescued our laminate floor when we got stuck on that project....Kent Dilling helped Todd put up shelves in the garage....people from church have scraped, painted, and roofed our house...

....and while I often feel badly about that, isn't that how a Community is supposed to work? You drop your kids off here when you're in a pinch....I pick up an extra gallon of milk for you when I find it on sale....you build a 2nd floor addition onto the back of our house...well, that may be pushing it...

So some may see it as being a needy neighbor and friend....I think we're doing our part to set the example of vulnerability :) I'll admit it. We need people. We can't do it on our own.

We're not handy...we don't have many good tools....but do you need to borrow a minivan? Need somebody to watch the kids? Wanna pool whatever food we've got for a potluck?? We're you're people!!



And while I'm thinking of it....anybody know how to put on siding?

No comments:

 This quote was part of my Lectio365 Sabbath devotion this morning, and as I considered what this day should look like, I began considering ...