Friday, September 20, 2013

He's got the whole world in his hands

This morning I heard the most beautiful prayer from my daughter.  And, since I want to remember this, and I don't want to embarrass her by posting it on FB, and I'm pretty sure only spammers read my blog anymore, I'm putting it here:

On Fridays our family prays for the WORLD.  Yep, the whole thing.  Well, it's different every week...we pray for people we know in different countries, we pray for conflicts in the middle east and missionaries in Southeast Asia, and for Selah's birth family in Ethiopia....As we went around the table, my oldest prayed for the country of Japan - that God would move there to open their hearts, and that He would one day use her to be a part of it.


2 comments:

Chessa @ Antsi-Pants said...

I'm not a spammer and I still read your posts (when you post). Japan, wow! I can't wait to see how he uses her!

Brenna B. said...

I would just like to ditto the previous comment. Beautiful!

 This quote was part of my Lectio365 Sabbath devotion this morning, and as I considered what this day should look like, I began considering ...