Monday, April 03, 2017

Old Friends

I met with friends, Karl and Jill, over Spring Break while on a mission trip.  I dropped my college students off at our base for the night and headed over to their house for a late-night catch-up.  Under the stars on their back porch at 11pm, we talked in the dark about parenting and about the Gospel...about caring for sick parents and about the Church.

Driving home from Louisville the next day, I felt a wave of emotion.....and I realized.....there's something special about friends who KNOW Gretchen.   The old Gretchen.  The Gretchen before life happened and things got hard.....they know the pre-brain injury Gretchen......not just Gretchen, but Todd and Gretchen.

And I remembered how much I miss the old Todd. And the old Todd and Gretchen.


No comments:

 This quote was part of my Lectio365 Sabbath devotion this morning, and as I considered what this day should look like, I began considering ...