Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Retreat

We're off for one of the most refreshing times of the year....the Campus Minister's Retreat. Held in lovely Spencer, Indiana at McCormick's Creek State Park.....campus ministers and their families from across the country....laughing, griping, problem-solving, and most of all, encouraging as we do this crazy job along side eachother.

We're taking the girls with us, but even so, I always come back feeling like it can breathe easier.....like I'm no longer being suffocated by worry and frustration and apathy.....it's not a magic solution...it's time away with God, refocusing and renewing my soul.

Individually and as a family, we're going to spend the time setting some spiritual goals for the summer....I can't wait!!

No comments:

 This quote was part of my Lectio365 Sabbath devotion this morning, and as I considered what this day should look like, I began considering ...