Tuesday, October 25, 2005

old age

This morning I had a glimpse of my future......

I was getting ready to leave for campus, when I noticed a short hair on the top of my nose. Not just any hair. This was a coarse, black hair, and it was right on the top of my nose, smack dab in the middle of my face.

First, I thought it was an eyelash, so I tried to brush it off. It didn't budge. Then I noticed it was too short and too thick to be an eyelash. Then it hit me: I have a big, black hair growing out of my nose, just like one of those old men....

Of course, I then realized it was just a hair from my blush brush that had gotten stuck to my nose....but it was a frightening few seconds, thinking I'd have to start plucking my nose hairs!

No comments:

 This quote was part of my Lectio365 Sabbath devotion this morning, and as I considered what this day should look like, I began considering ...