Thursday, October 27, 2005

Deceipt doesn't pay

Our kids don't have school today. Now, we've all been running like crazy lately and 3 of us have colds, so, like any good mom, I came up with a plan for our recovery.

I went into the girls room after they were asleep and moved their clock 1 hour back. So when they woke up at 7am, they would think it was 6 am, and we would all get a little extra sleep.

Except at 6:30 (actual time) Sarah Jane got up to go to the bathroom and noticed the difference in clocks in our house (blast!! an observant child!!). She then came in to wake me up and tell me about the discrepancy. I told her what I had done, and she went back to her room.

At 7:00 (actual time)I heard them both talking and heading downstairs. So, their internal clocks won out, but at least they were going to go play and let me sleep a little longer.

At 7:15 actual time, 8:15 preferred time, Sophia came in to say that she wanted me to come downstairs to cuddle with her.

How can you pass that up?

No comments:

 This quote was part of my Lectio365 Sabbath devotion this morning, and as I considered what this day should look like, I began considering ...