Monday, November 28, 2005

Turning 35...

So I turned 35 last week.

I don't have a problem with the idea of getting older, really. I mean, we all do it...it's not like I can stop it. I don't particularly like the idea of looking older, though.

35 is affecting me more than I expected. I realized that the nose piercing idea I've been toying with for 5 years now has really passed it's time. I mean, at 35 I just don't think I can pull it off. I'm re-thinking my wardrobe....when I wear jeans and t-shirts are people wondering when I'm going to grow up? act my age? and how does a 35 year old act?

My brother, Pete, gave me renewed hope however, by reminding me of one benefit of being 35 years old: I can finally be President of the United States.

This changes everything.

4 comments:

L-Ray said...

HAHA! I think you would make a WONDERFUL president! And 35 is young! And Jeans and t-shirts will always be acceptable! so being 35 aint no thang :) hehe

Kristin Jarrett said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

erinlizabeth said...

woohoo! Gretchen for President! :)


and you hang out with us all the time, which means really...well, you're just that much cooler!

"ain't no thang"

well put l-ray!

Michael Tosh said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

Thought this little story might cheer you up!

When I was a teenager I was into skateboarding (Not good at it mind you) and I read a magazine article about an unusual skateboarder...

He lived in california and picked up skateboarding because he was board and wanted a workout...

He became an amateur-pro and was featured in a major skateboarding magazine doing a grind in a gaint empty swimming pool. He was at leat 10' in the air sliding on the rim of the pool edge!

Oh by the way he was 75 years old!!!

Your as old as you feel and act, so I think you actually only 20!