Thursday, December 08, 2005

coolness, continued....

I have some cool brothers.

My youngest brother, Pete, just got an email from Ira Glass. Pete's got his own podcast AND he's married to an Astronaut!! (well, kind of)

But I think my middle brother, Jonathan, has now moved into first place on the Moore Family Coolness chart: My brother and his wife and small child are being thrown out of a country in Africa.

How cool is that?!

Really, how many people do you know who can say that a COUNTRY forced them to leave? I mean, maybe you've been booted out of an apartment or fired from a job, or maybe even the state you live in took some of your land for a freeway.....but to get booted out of a country?! They've got just over 2 weeks to sell all of their belongings, get exit visas, make travel arrangements, figure out where they're going to go, how they're going to make a living, say goodbye to all of their friends and colleagues, and make arrangements for their work in Africa to continue.

Okay, I know the situation is more serious than that, but I'm just sayin'.......

Cool.

And pray for Jon and Amanda and little Atticus. They'll be home (wherever that is - I'm hoping for Rochester!!) right around Christmas day.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Does the title come with T-shirts?

Honestly we think its something that there is a section of the globe that we will be denied entry to. That's odd.

Jonathan said...

So after years of trying...changing my name to Bob and Juan and that short stint as Uber, after falling out of trees and bike accidents, getting stranded in Fargo, after whomping Ben and Pete at tennis, I finally made it to the top.

If only I'd known, I would have gotten thrown out of a country years ago.

Now what to do for an encore?!!!

Jeffffffffffffffff said...

I think this is sick Gretchen, real sick

Anonymous said...

No offense, but I'd like to review the tally sheet and the credentials of the judge. Not that I would doubt your ability to discern coolness, but ...

dlaz said...

hey Gretchen you really should post this week. there are a ton of college students just itching for ways to procrastinate.



i think it probably goes without saying that the "ton" does not include me...


... *shifty eye glance*...

 This quote was part of my Lectio365 Sabbath devotion this morning, and as I considered what this day should look like, I began considering ...