Wednesday, January 11, 2006

This morning I was reading in Genesis 16....the story of what happens when Sarah and Abraham take matters into their own hands and decide to get Hagar pregnant so that Abraham can have a son. Hagar runs away after being mistreated by Sarah and is found by the angel of the Lord. The angel tells her some truths about who her son, Ishmael will be, and also tells her that "the Lord has heard about your misery".

Thereafter, Hagar referred to the Lord, who had spoken to her, as "the God who sees me".


I love that. The God who sees me.

To know and be known......

1 comment:

erinlizabeth said...

that's always been one of my favorite names of God.

i miss you! hope to see you soon

 This quote was part of my Lectio365 Sabbath devotion this morning, and as I considered what this day should look like, I began considering ...