Thursday, March 09, 2006

Mission Trip

We're leaving at the crack on Saturday for Nett Lake, Minnesota, where we'll be working with kids on an Indian Reservation. I'm so excited!! This will be our first family Mission Trip....we're taking the girls out of school, and they are excited about meeting some Indian friends. 21 students from UIS and LLCC are going with us.

Here are some things I feel like God is reminding me:

They will know we are Christians by the love we have for eachother.

I've got nothing to bring to the table. God is the only thing I've got going for me!

The words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart are an offering.

True community, the kind God desires, speaks the Truth in love


I'm so excited about getting to know some of these students better as we travel together, cook together, live together, serve together....please pray that we'll be available to God to use in whatever ways He desires!

No comments:

 This quote was part of my Lectio365 Sabbath devotion this morning, and as I considered what this day should look like, I began considering ...