I feel like I really shouldn't be taking time to blog since we're trying to sell our house, enjoying the wonderful world of campus ministry, taking my Comprehensive Exam in 1 week, trying to be good homeowners who pull weeds and fix stuff, etc......so here is a quick update:
1) I need a new look. I have a great friend from church who does my hair for CHEAP...almost every time I'm there I say something like, "Okay, I don't want 'frumpy'.....I want the look that says, 'hippest mom in 2nd grade' or 'cool campus minister chick', but I usually come home with hair that says 'boring, frumpy mom'.
You might be thinking that this is really superficial and vain to be spending so much time and energy thinking about...but seriously, how I feel about my hair can affect my attitude, my self-image, confidence...what if you felt like every day was a bad hair day? I know that I should be satisfied with knowing that I'm a child of God and all that, but I think having a hair that you really don't feel good about can be a huge distraction.
So, I'm preparing myself for a change....if you've got a great hair person, let me know....
2) More controversy in last week's Illinois Times with a letter to the editor saying that CSF "plays dirty". Of course, they were broad, sweeping generalizations about how the conservatives and CSF (like we work together) say or do insensitive things and then backpedal by saying that we didn't mean anything by it.
I know we should expect persecution as Christians and I'm okay with that. But after several months of this, talks with University officials, stuff in the newspapers, chalk on the sidewalks, I'm relating to the Psalmist who asked God, "how long are you going to let your people be treated like crap?!"..."When are you going to show up and save the day?". The last thing I want to do is be a whiner....I'm trusting God.....but some days it just stinks.
3) Trying to sell our house. Today we had a girl come back for the 2nd time...and she brought her dad and a friend who does construction stuff. They seemed really interested, but we haven't heard anything yet. Open House tomorrow and we're praying that God will bring some people who just fall in love with the house. Again, I know that God's timing is perfect, and although I'd like the timing to be THIS WEEKEND, I'm okay to wait for what He thinks is best.
4) Sophia's first Soccer Game. I'm loving being a Soccer Mom (but I'd like to be one with a cool, funky haircut) She did awesome and we're loving being a part of this soccer community where we get to meet other parents we wouldn't otherwise know...I can already see God building relationships and I can't wait to see what doors He opens!!
5) Comprehensive Exam next weekend. Finally, I'll be done with my Master's Degree after one hellatious weekend. 3 days, 3-4 essay questions, and about 30 pages of writing. All that matters is that I'll be done.