Saturday, July 14, 2007

Happy Wedding!

Congratulations and Happy Wedding Day to Drew and Amy! We are so sorry to miss the big event in Q-town, but receieved word Thursday that Todd's Great Aunt Ruthie died, so we're headed to Palestine for the Funeral this morning. As I get older, I'm trying to make more of an effort to do whatever it takes to attend weddings and funerals....important events that often hold life-long memories.....uh....except for the person who has died.....

but it stinks when they both happen on the same day.

Best wishes, and enjoy the day!!

3 comments:

dlaz said...

I'm sorry to hear about the loss...

Miss you guys a lot. We'll talk soon!

-dave

shana said...

Hey G!

This is about Great Aunt Ruthie (although I'm sorry to hear about that), but I wanted to respond to your comment on my blog:

I went to West Side's website to find out more about their Kenyan project...and guess what?! Their focus is on Mathare Valley! This is the place I visited that just a few days later became a massive killing ground. :( West Side couldn't have picked a more urgent need. Mathare is messed up. Lots of demonic stuff going on there...

Thanks for letting me know about this. I think I'll contact West Side and tell them to keep up the good work.

-s

shana said...

Oops, I meant that my comment was NOT about Ruthie...

My bad.

....but I guess this one is...?

 This quote was part of my Lectio365 Sabbath devotion this morning, and as I considered what this day should look like, I began considering ...