Thursday, July 03, 2008

Letters of Reference

Our homestudy, adoption grant applications, and the Dossier all required various forms of reference/recommendations from our very helpful family and friends...usually we never see them, as they're normally sent directly to the requestor, but the 3 in our Dossier were letters Todd and I could read.

I've determined that once in awhile we all need to read a letter of reference from someone who knows and loves us.

You may not be applying for a job or compiling a dossier...but I highly recommend asking some people for reference letters anyway....just for some encouragement!! On those days I start feeling less than, I just may pull those out.....

4 comments:

Bradjward said...

Our next door neighbors leave tomorrow to pick up twin 7-week olds from Ethiopia. They started the process in..... January. I told them I have no clue how they got through so fast, and neither do they. All we know is that there are 2 little babies on the other side of the world that are about to get a whole lotta lovin'. :) We can't wait for them to get back in a month so we can help and encourage them.

Unknown said...

You promised you wouldn't read that!

In related news, I trust I don't need to get you a birthday card this year, right?

Gretchen Magruder said...

Brad, that's so exciting!!

Actually, the Ethiopia program has been moving so fast, 6 months isn't uncommon....unless you live in the State of Illinois and DCFS puts a hold on all of your agency's homestudies for 6 months....grr....

trusting that this is all part of God's timing, and maybe our little girl wasn't ready 6 months ago!!

gigglechirp said...

good point re: the reference letters!!

They are very uplifting.

Hooray again for the Dossier!

 This quote was part of my Lectio365 Sabbath devotion this morning, and as I considered what this day should look like, I began considering ...