Saturday, July 12, 2008

Looking for Betty Crocker

Well, I think I've just about recovered from the sugar coma after judging at the Christian County Fair last week.

Sally and I split the categories - - I had white and wheat bread and rolls, banana, zuchinni and pumpkin breads, carrot and german chocolate cakes, angel food cake, cinnamin rolls, coffee cake, Jr. sugar cookies and oatmeal cookies, Jr. decorated cupcakes, Jr. Brownies, and a few more things....it's all a sugar/carb blur at this point.

There was a little big of scandal at the Fair...several cheaters who tried to enter more than one item per category, even going so far as to bake a loaf of bread, cut it in half, and enter both halves for competition. That $7 first place prize apparently just drives people to a life of deception and delinquency.

Here are some pictures of my friend, Sally, and I....it was really hot in there, and the sugar headache was just starting to set in....all in all, it was a fun way to make a hundred bucks!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

100$ for all the sugar you could eat? Was there coffee too? I missed my calling in life.

Melinda said...

How funny! I would have taken $50 to do that job! LOL.

Jarretts said...

You got to taste goodies and get paid! Sounds great. . . now I'm hungry : )

gigglechirp said...

Looks like a fun, wonderfully sugar-evil time! :)

cool.

 This quote was part of my Lectio365 Sabbath devotion this morning, and as I considered what this day should look like, I began considering ...