Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Make a Difference


Our good friends at Jump for Joel have launched a new website, one I think you'll really love!! I don't think I've ever seen a group of college students make such significant impact on the issue of poverty. Head over to jumpforjoel.org to see all the fresh, cool stuff - podcast episode #5, online donation links, the j4j blog, and lots more!! And while you're there, read and hear about the newest addition to the project - a feeding program in Nairobi.

Our church is doing a series called "the least of these", and David told us about a link called The Hunger Site. One click on the button every day, and the sponsors will contribute 1.1 cups of food to the hungry all around the world. You can also find links to Fair Trade organizations where you can shop and make a difference with your dollars. You can find a link in the sidebar....click it every day!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had the hunger site linked to my facebook for awhile but went ahead and took it down after a month of clicking and the site not working. is it better now?

 This quote was part of my Lectio365 Sabbath devotion this morning, and as I considered what this day should look like, I began considering ...