Tuesday, December 23, 2008

the new bedroom!!

One good thing about adding a child to the family is the "nesting" that comes along with her! Over the last few months we've been cleaning, sorting, and best of all, purging!! Our Guestroom/Playroom was overrun with toys, books, games, and all kinds of other miscellaneous things.....but with the design help of my sister-in-law, Chessa and the amazing sewing skills of my mom, it was transformed into Sarah Jane's new bedroom.





Sarah absolutely LOVES it and both girls have enjoyed having their own rooms. Of course, Sophia will be sharing a room with Peanut very soon, but she's excited about that, too!

2 comments:

Sam's mom said...

Oh my gosh Gretchen -- it is GORGEOUS. So sophisticated. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the colors and the chair-rail color striping on the walls. I want to move in -- does Sarah mind having a roommate??

Gretchen Magruder said...

haha...thanks, Meg! She's got a trundle under her bed, so you're welcome any time!!

 This quote was part of my Lectio365 Sabbath devotion this morning, and as I considered what this day should look like, I began considering ...