Monday, March 30, 2009

2 weeks....are you ready??

The guy in front of my at the grocery store the other day bought $64 worth of Easter candy....Peeps in 6 different colors, chocolate bunnies, a variety of jelly beans, and edible grass for the baskets (fabulous idea - won't ever be left on your floor again!).

As a last-minute kind of girl, I was impressed that someone would be purchasing such a well-planned arsenal of Easter candy so far in advance.....but I would guess that this gentleman takes great joy every year in preparing things for his family.

So, I haven't bought any candy for the baskets yet (though I'm considering the edible grass). We haven't figured out how to explain the eggs and baskets to Selah, when she's been praying so earnestly about Jesus dying on the cross and coming back to life again 3 days later. We're getting ready...and I'm praying that this year we'll spend more time and energy (and money) on Jesus than candy.

No comments:

 This quote was part of my Lectio365 Sabbath devotion this morning, and as I considered what this day should look like, I began considering ...