Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Hardest working people at UIS today.....

I am so proud of my friends in CSF





25 students came out on a humid summer day to help families unpack cars and lug the stuff of college freshmen to their rooms...often helping to loft beds, give directions to wal-mart or the cafeteria, and reassure parents that their child will really be okay. They didn't get paid (but thanks to the Housing office for lunch!)....didn't get class credit or brownie points with any professor or employer, they just wanted to help new students and make their first day on campus a little easier.


The Housing staff did a great job as usual, and there were other people who came out to help, but I'm pretty sure that these were the hardest working people on campus today.

It's gonna be a great year!

1 comment:

Emily Barnett said...

awww.. nice blog.. thanks Gretchen! :)
It was a great day!

 This quote was part of my Lectio365 Sabbath devotion this morning, and as I considered what this day should look like, I began considering ...