Something like Lewis and Clark, we traversed across alleys and one-way streets, winding through crowds of people, State Fair runners, around barracades, till we finally reached the Vic's Pizza parking lot - the promised land!! Had a fun time at the parade with friends, got lots of candy and other junk, saw the Rochester Marching band, and enjoyed a late night at the fair. Some reviews:
- Best parade kid give-away: Springfield Senior Assisted Living - Hannah Montana/High School Musical Pens!
- Best parade adult give-away: Tie - - Culver's Free scoop coupon and Fusion free bottles of vitamin water
- Best parade evangelism: BMIC's fire engine is always great fun, and there were other great groups in the parade, but Real Life Church's bottled water give-away was a great example of meeting a real need on a hot day. Those water bottle cozys will stick around alot longer than a track.
- Most entertaining entry: Jesse White Tumblers
- Favorite Fair ride: The Giant Slide!
- Favorite Fair Food: Mini donuts (This might be shocking for some of you to hear....I'm coming to realize that I get much of the same taste as an elephant ear, but in a much more manageable shape/size!)