Monday, December 21, 2009

Monday Musings....

  • there's nothing like going to a funeral for someone who loved Jesus. We'll miss her greatly, but Grandma Magruder was ready to go home.
  • there's never enough time to do everything i want to do before Christmas
  • I may not be losing lots of weight over the holidays, but WW has made me alot pickier about what I eat. No wasting points on mac n cheese when I could have an oreo ball instead :)
  • I can't function in a messy house....good thing I have kids to do the cleaning :))
  • "The people who walk in darkness will see a great light. For those who live in a land of deep darkness, a light will shine." Isaiah 9:2
  • why do I choose to allow darkness into my life?
  • Sara Groves' music makes me feel like the layers of my soul are being peeled back and revealed.
  • Seeing your favorite musician live is kind of hard....there are so many more songs from the early years that I wanted to hear!
  • Losing my phone for 3 weeks made me really appreciate my Palm Centro.
  • Sunday morning at Cherry Hills Baptist Church reminded me how blessed we are to have so many outstanding churches who partner with the UIS/LLCC campus ministry.
  • LOVE Christmas Break Mission Trips....but I see the "break" quickly disappearing....
  • I miss dates with my husband....looking forward to getting away for our anniversary next week!
  • The Christmas story never ceases to amaze me....that God would put on flesh (con carne, as Todd likes to say) and come to rescue a distracted, disobedient, and disheartened people. But He came....and it changed everything.
Long lay the world, in sin and error pining
til He appeared and the soul felt it's worth

  • HE is the only thing that will bring your soul a feeling of worth....not your job, your boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife, your stuff, or the number of twitter followers you have.
Fall on your knees
Oh hear the angel voices
O night divine, O night when Christ was born




1 comment:

gigglechirp said...

I dig the Isaiah verse. Have a great season! Could you email me your address? I can get there, but I don't know the #, etc!

 This quote was part of my Lectio365 Sabbath devotion this morning, and as I considered what this day should look like, I began considering ...