Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Squeezing out the last few drops of summer...

We had a perfect day to celebrate the last day of summer! Cleaning the house (that part's for mom) and then out for a game of Putt-Putt golf. It was the first time for Selah, and she picked it up like a pro!





We took them to Cozy Dog for lunch for one last special treat.



I can't believe summer is already over. Even harder to believe is the fact that I have a Jr. Higher!! We sent Selah and Sophia off on the bus, and Sarah took the block-long walk to the Jr. High. After going to the parent orientation tonight, I'm scared to death about Jr. High - - hopefully Sarah will be able to handle it better than me!

3 comments:

Emily Barnett said...

How is Sarah doing in Jr. high?

Gretchen Magruder said...

She's doing amazing!! I'm so proud of her - - if I had 2 locker combinations to remember, I'd be in tears, but she just laughs and tells us stories about how many tries it takes her!

Emily Barnett said...

awww.. she is such a brave girl.. I miss them! :)

 This quote was part of my Lectio365 Sabbath devotion this morning, and as I considered what this day should look like, I began considering ...