Saturday, October 16, 2010

Drinking in the Fall...


I. Love. Fall.
I love wearing sweatshirts and trench coats. I love football games and raking leaves, and pumpkin anything. I love apple cobbler, pie, butter, or cider...and Spiced Tea. Growing up, this was the medicine my mom gave us for every scratchy allergy throat, every chilly morning, and any hint of a cold. Russian Tea...Spice Tea....Orange Tea....here's the recipe. I recommend drinking it while you curl up with a blank journal, your Bible, and maybe a little Daily Audio Bible
Spiced Tea
1 c. instant tea
2 c. Tang (breakfast "drink" mix)
1 c. sweetened lemonade mix
1 c. sugar
1/2 t. cloves, ground
1/2 t. cinnamon

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Store in airtight container. Use 2 Tablespoons mix for one coffee mug.

**I've messed around with the sugar in this recipe....seems to taste just as good with something like Crystal Light instead of regular lemonade mix or 1/2 c. sugar instead of a full cup.

1 comment:

Chessa @ Antsi-Pants said...

I use the de-caf tea. Sometimes the caffeine keeps me up at night.

 This quote was part of my Lectio365 Sabbath devotion this morning, and as I considered what this day should look like, I began considering ...