Wednesday, November 24, 2010

It's a sickness....


Today is my birthday. My 40th. And it's fine, really. I don't mind being 40....it's just a little shocking to hear my name associated with that number, when I feel like 32 might be a more appropriate number.

My wonderful husband rescheduled things to spend the day with me while the kids are at school. We talked about going to see a movie, maybe doing some cooking together in the kitchen, stop in at Barnes and Noble for a warm drink and some browsing....

But I told him that...

really...

the thing I'd like more than anything...

is to get some things done around the house before we leave for Thanksgiving.

So instead of hitting the town, my sweet, sweet husband is folding giving receipt letters, printing labels, and stamping envelopes.

And it brings me great joy.

1 comment:

cscmamareed said...

Happy Birthday Gretchen! You don't seem 40 to me either!

 This quote was part of my Lectio365 Sabbath devotion this morning, and as I considered what this day should look like, I began considering ...