Sunday, December 12, 2010

Gratitude


Our last Friday night Bible study after a semester of Fridays.

Grown men with their arms around eachother. Musicians with eyes shut, forgetting the rest of us are even there.

Recent alumni in front of me, not quite sure if it's okay for them to still come, but arms lifted high in worship.

They have homes in China, India, Decatur and Oregon. Bunker Hill and Freeport.

David asks the question, "Where have you seen God at work this semester?", and I watch student after student rise to write their answer down on the butcher paper in the back of the room.

Healing. Transformation. Life-giving relationships begun.

We, this community, have been changed.

I can't even begin to express my gratitude in words.

As I sit in the back of the room, singing, tears running down my face, I am simply - -

Undone.

1 comment:

BlackCatDesigns said...

Tears coming to my eyes as I read this post at work. Love this! Love God!

 This quote was part of my Lectio365 Sabbath devotion this morning, and as I considered what this day should look like, I began considering ...