Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Rookie Parenting Mistakes

I was on my way to campus to meet with some students when Todd texted me: "Your youngest daughter is hurling". He assured me he could handle it, and when I got home, she was fast asleep and all was well.

The next morning I kept her home from school. No fever, no more hurling, and she was bouncing off the walls.

So....in a rookie parenting move, I took her back to school at noon.

And at 2pm, I got a terse call from the school nurse who informed me that my child had thrown up at school, and a reminder that children weren't allowed back to school unless they were vomit-free for 24 hours.

No comments:

 This quote was part of my Lectio365 Sabbath devotion this morning, and as I considered what this day should look like, I began considering ...