Sunday, October 23, 2011

living like rich people

We took Selah to Kohl's this weekend to spend her birthday money. She was looking for a jewelry box or organizer, and while we were there I commented about how I needed to pick up some new flannel sheets. I had just thrown away 2 six year old sets that had big holes in them.

Sarah, our oldest, responded "ever since we moved into our new house, we've been living like RICH people!"

It's true, we've purchased several new things for the new home. And from Sarah's perspective we've probably purchased more for this house than we've bought in the last 5 years.

We're certainly not rich. Not by American standards, anyway. But working the Total Money Makeover plan is paying off and the girls are seeing our family tree change!

No comments:

 This quote was part of my Lectio365 Sabbath devotion this morning, and as I considered what this day should look like, I began considering ...