Sunday, January 04, 2015

Reading in 2015


I'm probably not the best person to be handing out book lists.

I like to think about reading.  I like to read other people's reading lists.  And I DO like to read....I just don't do it enough.   But since a few people have recently asked about book recommendations, I thought I'd go ahead and compile a list of some of the things I'm hoping to read this year.

Slow Church:  Cultivating Community in the Patient Way of Jesus by C. Christopher Smith, John Pattison

Just Do Something: A Liberating Approach to Finding God's Will by Kevin DeYoung

Sentness:  Six Postures of Missional Christians by Kim Hammond, Darren Cronshaw

Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead by Brené Brown

The Village Effect: Why Face-to-Face Contact Is Good for Our Health, Happiness, Learning, and Longevity by Susan Pinker

Deep and Wide by Andy Stanley

The Best Yes: Making Wise Decisions in the Midst of Endless Demands by Lysa TerKeurst

Let's All Be Brave: Living Life with Everything You Have by Annie F. Downs

Jesus Prom by Jon Weece



I DID actually get a few books read in 2014.   Here are some great ones I would recommend:

7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess by Jen Hatmaker

Interrupted: When Jesus Interrupts Your Comfortable Christianity by Jen Hatmaker

Emotionally Healthy Spirituality: It's Impossible to Be Spiritually Mature, While Remaining Emotionally Immature  by Peter Scazzero

Cold Tangerines: Celebrating the Extraordinary Nature of Everyday Life by Shauna Niequist

The Prodigal God by Timothy Keller


What else should I add to my list?  Feel free to leave a comment with your own recommendation!

2 comments:

shana said...

I bought Daring Greatly a few weeks ago after hearing Brown on On Being. Excited to read it!

I only have 12 months and 11 days (!!!) to finish my ridiculous "300x30" list, and of course, I still have hundreds of hours of books and films to read and watch before the deadline. :)

Lyndsey said...

My favorite book of this year is The Pastor by Eugene Peterson. Highly recommend!

 This quote was part of my Lectio365 Sabbath devotion this morning, and as I considered what this day should look like, I began considering ...