Monday, June 01, 2009

Love Bursts

You know what a Love Burst is?   

It's when you think about someone you love, and you get that warm, gooey feeling inside your chest and people wonder why you're smiling for seemingly no good reason.... 

We've hit a smooth patch in family adjustments lately, and I seem to be having lots of these lately...
  • when I saw my husband try on his cool new glasses...man, he's cute!!
  • watching my oldest at her piano lesson....for all of the grumbling about going to lessons, she plays beautifully
  • sweet moments with Selah...Usually she just brings up wanting to go back to Ethiopia when she's mad at me, but today, when she was having a mournful moment, she crawled right into my lap and put her tear-covered face in the crook of my neck
  • Sophia being a good big sister, even when some of her little sister's requests and accusations are ridiculous....she is so loving
I know there are harder days coming....they'll always be there...but for now, it seems like we're getting the hang of being a family of 5.

6 comments:

Missy said...

What a wonderful post!!! Glad to hear things are going so well!!!

Emily Barnett said...

this is awesome!

btw.. did Todd get awesome black frames?

Gretchen Magruder said...

Emily - they're brown...but they're still awesome!! He's been wearing the same ones every day for the last 4.5 years...time for a change!!

Stephanie said...

Glad things are going well! I hope the good times keep coming.

Sandi said...

Wonderul post. :)

Ethiopianmomma said...

Hey! Are you guys going to the zoo in June with everyone? HOPE SO!!!!!

 This quote was part of my Lectio365 Sabbath devotion this morning, and as I considered what this day should look like, I began considering ...