Sunday, August 28, 2011

Pop-In Friends


This summer we've been talking lots about The Theology of the Pop-In Visit.

The idea is that real intimacy and deep relationships are characterized by friendships where it's okay to pop in at any time...and regardless of whether I'm in my pajamas, or about ready to eat dinner, doing homework, or yes, even coloring my hair, I'm going to invite you in to join in whatever I'm doing.

So today when the doorbell rang as I was coloring my hair, I had a choice to make. I could hide in the bedroom while Todd entertained whoever it was....or I could embrace the opportunity to be real with my friends.

Not only did I enjoy a great visit from friends, but I got a little help with the parts of my hair I can't quite see....and my hair looks great!

No comments:

 This quote was part of my Lectio365 Sabbath devotion this morning, and as I considered what this day should look like, I began considering ...