Saturday, October 22, 2011

New Seasons

We got to spend a few days in Atlanta this month for the Catalyst Conference. It was just what I needed - - for my soul, my marriage, my parenting, and my ministry. Amazing speakers, all focusing on the theme, BE PRESENT.

But I came home to the same jam-packed schedule, never-ending laundry and chauffeur responsibilities and the challenge has been how to BE PRESENT to experience the HOLY in all of those very NORMAL moments! My friend, Itzi, and I are doing the Experiencing God study this Fall, and it's been such an excellent reminder that God is always at work around us....our job is to pay attention to what He's doing, and find out how we can join him! It's been refreshing to quit focusing on the sometimes-overwhelming big picture, and to be present enough in each moment to see what God is doing around me.

A big part of this is being intentional with our family time as the girls get busier and busier....today we spent a beautiful Fall afternoon at the Apple Barn!






No comments:

 This quote was part of my Lectio365 Sabbath devotion this morning, and as I considered what this day should look like, I began considering ...