Saturday, July 11, 2009

a DRY weekend on the current river

Here are some pics from our 1st Current River trip with the girls. My family grew up going to the Current River most summers with our friends, the Browns. It's a little different now....air conditioned camper, I paddle instead of sitting in the middle while my parents paddled...but most things haven't changed....the water is still crystal clear and it's just as fun to count the turtles sunning themselves on old logs..
..Selah's first S'more (and if you look closely, you can see Leith and Eric Brown sitting in the background...it was great to meet up with their family - I wish I had taken a group picture!!)
Sarah and Selah posing on the river bank
Killing time at the campground...
Mom was very excited about the "chore roster"....
It was REALLY cold near Round Spring
Notice there weren't any photos taken from the canoes.....that's because I lost my camera the last time I went canoeing and I wasn't about to do it again.

We had a great time with Nana and Poppi!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun! My family used to float the Current River every summer when I was in high school -- so fun. I never lost my camera, but we did dump our dog in the river one year. :)

 This quote was part of my Lectio365 Sabbath devotion this morning, and as I considered what this day should look like, I began considering ...